Thursday 5 January 2012

New Year, New Finds, New Projects, New Fun :D

Most people will be making new years resolutions such as to lose weight, drink less, keep fit or stop smoking, mine is to buy more yarn! I've been testing myself with different projects and they are all coming along very well, so well that I've decided I'm not going to let this crochet business turn in to a "fad" I love making gifts for people, seeing there face when you have given them something totally unique is priceless, Seeing all the crochet goodies in blogs such as attic24 and Crochet With Raymond has inspired me to revamp my living room with brightly coloured cushions, blankets and bunting, to take more photo's and be proud of my home!

I've started my household renovation with a pattern rewritten by Lucy to become a cushion, its been loads of fun making and there is still more to go, here is a few pictures of what I have so far....

Puppets Lyric DK In Bright Green(5012), Blue(5010) & Purple(5028).
Using a 5mm Crochet Hook.
Look At All The Petaly Goodness :)
I want to make this cushion quite large so I have just ordered 2 more balls of each coloured yarn, it seems to be going quite a long way, I've not quite got the hang of calculating the amount of yarn needed for each project yet, but I'm sure it will come to me soon ;)




My flower is currently 10inches total in diameter and i'm still on my first batch of yarn, I'm hoping to get it to about 15inches diameter altogether, I'll keep you all updated :)

Ahaaa! loook what I found, Alice from Crochet With Raymond has made these beautiful prayer flags! She has used 8ply wool but I'm going to experiment with some 4ply cotton I ordered by mistake, this will be another addition to my living room eventually. 

I keep finding so many great things, its hard not to get wrapped up in the whole thing, I need to make sure I don't have too many things on at once or I fear that I will have far too many unfinished projects! Oh but the hooky goodness attracts me so much, I cant wait to learn more techniques and discover new projects, this is my life now and the whole thing fits in a washing basket :)


No comments:

Post a Comment